In 1913, Louis & Hannah Rubenzahl bought land in Neversink to build a boarding house. Later they established an egg farm as well. They had 13 children, 12 boys and 1 girl. Three sons, Moe, Max & George stayed on the land in partnership, running an egg farm & a hatchery. Harry (b.1929-1986), the son of Moe, worked on the farm from the time he was 10 years old and then later went to Cornell and Morrisville Agriculture & Tech. Marion Budow b.1932 married Harry in 1951 and had 5 sons, Moe, Carl, Marty, Arthur and Murray. Harry ran the egg farm until a tragic fire forced the closure of the farm in 1965. Arthur is now using the old site for a vegetable farm and sawmill.
Interviewed: August, 2011Select Clips of Marion Rubenzahl